This policy outlines how ISoGH collects and uses the personal data you provide to them. It also sets out your choices regarding our use of your personal information, and how you can access and update this information.
How we collect information
ISoGH may collect information from you in one or more of the following ways:
- Directly from your own input, such your registration on membership, editorial or pre-submissions system (including as a member, author, reviewer or editor);
- Through the use of web cookies (small text files created by websites that are stored on your computer)
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses used to connect your computer to the Internet Information you provide
The types of personal information that ISoGH collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, institution, postal address and telephone number;
- Fields of expertise;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you provide to JoGH;
- Communication preferences;
- Author identifiers, such as ORCID
- Search history;
Information we receive from other sources
ISoGH may receive information about you if you use any of the websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, administrative, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, academic institutions, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) from whom ISoGH may receive information about you.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, to administer the website, track the user’s journey through the websites, and gather statistical information. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information, and usage statistics are anonymised and analysed in aggregate.
Use of your information
ISoGH may use your personal data in the following ways:
- Performance of ISoGH’s legitimate publishing activities
- Where ISoGH has a legitimate business interest in using your information to enhancethe services and products it provides
- Marketing purposes, to communicate the work of ISoGH and its related activities
- To notify you about changes or updates to ISoGH websites, products, or services
- To administer ISoGH’s services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical, and survey purposes
- For any other purpose that ISoGH may notify you of from time to time
Personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that personal information will be securely destroyed, put beyond use or erased from ISoGH 's systems after five years, or following a request from you to destroy or erase your personal data.
ISoGH will not disclose to or share your personal information with any third party except as follows:
- Where ISoGH is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies.
Cross border transfers
ISoGH may transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence for the following reasons:
In order to process your transactions, we may store your personal information on our servers and those servers may reside outside the country where you live. ISoGH has servers, major office location and major service providers in United Kingdom and Croatia. Such processing may include, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
In order to satisfy global reporting requirements, ISoGH may be required to provide your personal information to ISoGH affiliates in other countries.
We will use appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your data.
Access to your personal data will be restricted to only those who need to know that information and required to perform their job function. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and security of your information.
You have the right to make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold or process any of your personal information (by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org). In your written request, you may:
- Request that we provide you with details of your personal information that we process, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of such information, the existence of any automated decision making involving your personal information, and what transfer safeguards we have in place;
- Request that we rectify any errors in your personal information;
- Request that we delete your personal information if our continued processing of such information is not justified;
- Request that we transfer your personal information to a third party;
- Object to automated decision-making and profiling based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest (in which event the processing will cease except where there are compelling legitimate grounds, such as when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between us);
- Object to direct marketing from us; and
- Object to processing for purposes of scientific, historical research and statistics.
Any comments, complaints or questions concerning this policy or complaints or objections about our use of your personal information should be addressed to ISoGH’s Data Protection Officer (email@example.com).